Cement Board Cladding
Fibre cement cladding is crafted using a combination of cement , cellulose, sand, synthetic fibres and water, giving a long lasting and durable cladding board which lasts for years to come. It is often used on buildings where a contemporary look is desired, and is one of the most practical solutions for building facades. These boards are manufactured using advanced technology to ensure the chemically bonded boards should withstand a range of impacts come with a 10-year guarantee, subject to our terms and conditions.
There are many benefits of using fibre cement boards on your project. One of the greatest advantages is their superb weather resistance; the boards will absorb and release moisture without impacting durability. They also will not rot over time when exposed to rain. Other benefits are listed below:
- Easy to install: These cladding boards can be installed vertically or horizontally, with a 30m overlap on each board.
- Low maintenance: No need to sand or varnish the boards – they are already created with top level durability.
- UV resistant – Boards will not fade when exposed to intense sunlight.
- Wide range of colours available – The vibrant colour palate ensures you choose a colour which suits your project.
Please also see our full range of screws, trims, fixings and accessories below to support your purchase. All are available in a range of RAL colours to match your project. The cement fibre boards will require perforated closures and the correct length screws (45mm). Please consult the installation guide for further details. Each board covers 0.65m², with a 30mm overlap per board.
Weather resistant fibre cement cladding
Whilst timber or composite cladding have traces of wood in their structure, fibre cement boards do not, and because of this, they do not expand or contract in the hot summer months.
The advanced blend of cellulose fillers and fibres with water creates cement, which is then pressed and rolled to create a pliable material formed into 3.66m cladding boards.
A woodgrain effect is achieved by manually etching the boards, and then painting them for a premium finish.
Range of colours available
Fibre Cement Cladding FAQs
When maintained correctly, the lifespan of fibre cement cladding is up to 50 years.
It is created by mixing cellulose, fillers and fibres with water, followed by cement to form wet sheets. are rolled and pressed to extract excess moisture.
The mixture remains pliable for a short while after it’s formed, allowing you to craft boards and small tiles.
A great benefit of using these boards is their resistance to scratches, which can sometimes develop on other materials (like wood) over time.
They are fitted to battens using 38mm screws. Screws should always be inserted at the top of the board into the structural battens. Please refer to the full installation guide for more information.
NB: Each board is 3.66m long, covering 0.65 meters squared.
We offer a selection of 9 beautiful painted finishes, including Light grey, white, blue, cream, sage green, granite, slate and sage grey, as well as an unpainted finish. Lead time on all items is 7-10 working days from time of order.
Here are some of the top benefits:
- Cellulose fibres inside the boards offers good strength and integrity.
- Sand is used in the production process to give weather-resistant properties to the boards. This makes them great for coastal locations which are exposed to harsh British weather.
- Easy to install – they are created to be used horizontally. The feather board effect gives a 30mm overlap on each board.
- Can be cut to fit around, windows and doors (only use a wet saw to cut). Please keep safety in mind.
- Enhanced aesthetic appearance – perhaps the best benefit! They look beautiful!
- Compliments our steel guttering and water butts to give an elegant finish to your property.
- 10 year guarantee
- UV resistant
10 working days on all corrugated, decking & cladding products sold by Gutter Warehouse.
Yes – please feel free to drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call our office during the week: 0208 037 6020.